Its always important to get to know a bit about those you choose to work with on your most special day. I am a super social and open person so here are a few tidbits about me:
- My name is Melody but my friends and family call me Mel (so feel free to call me Mel too.)
- I have no children outside of three crazy little cats I love dearly. You can see them to the right :)
- I don't eat lamb, veal or duck.
- If I could, I would survive on chocolate and coffee for the rest of my life.
- As a child I used to love the library more than the toy store. It is still my favorite place.
- I have never seen Dirty Dancing.
- I have a real phobia of moose and whales (I know, weird huh?)
- I love art in its many forms and one of the things I miss most about living in NYC is all the museums.
- I still tear up at every wedding I shoot whether its during the daughter/father dance or the toasts.
Now to the important stuff.....I am a professional wedding photographer based in Wilmington, NC. Originally from NYC, I grew up around many diverse cultures which developed within me a desire to travel and experience the world. After getting married, I moved to Europe with my husband. We lived in Sweden briefly and then London for a few years. During that time we traveled to places like Paris, Rome and Venice. The romantic architecture, history and culture I came across has influenced my art ever since. I have been shooting for as long as I can remember and have never found a better outlet for expression. I started professional shooting and selling fine art photography in 2006. I expanded my business to shooting weddings and portraits full time in 2009, doing 20 weddings in my first year. I absolutely love my job and the best part has been all the amazing people I meet and befriend. So please feel free to contact me, I love making new friends.